Join us for a full day of learning about raising food in southeast Iowa. Learn from extension specialists, experienced farmers and local food buyers. There will be sessions for beginning farmers and those who are looking to scale up production.
- Farm Management: record keeping, farm planning, lenders
- Online marketing: tips and tools
- Packing standards and food safety
- Growing in high tunnels
- Managing pests in cucurbits
- Direct-to-consumer meat & egg production
- Growing for wholesale markets: marketing to restaurants and institutions; selling sweet corn to processors
A locally sourced lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Location: Southeastern Community College, West Burlington
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us! Morgan Hoenig, Local Foods Coordinator, email@example.com or 319-208-5396