It is time to get ready for another exciting season at the Keokuk Farmers Market. The market will be held at the River City Mall on Saturdays from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM starting May 20th and ending October 14th. There will be a vendor meeting on Thursday, May 11th at 5pm in the lower level meeting room of the Keokuk Public Library to discuss the upcoming season.
Reserved parking will be the same as last year. We expect that vendors who reserved their space last year will want the same space this year. Reservations for long-term spaces can be made on the first Saturday of the market or by contacting Julie Knoche, the market manager. The spaces will be marked with orange paint. Please park according to those marks and remember to respect the rights of the other vendors. If you are unable to attend the market this year, please let the market manager know.
The fees for one space are as follows:
· Weekly: 5% of your total sales up to $7.00. For example, if your sales are $140.00 or more, you will pay $7.00 for the week.
· Monthly: $20.00 for the month due the first Saturday of the month. May and October will be paid on a weekly basis.
· Seasonal: A one-time fee of $100.00. This includes two free weeks, as this season has 22 weeks in it.
· (The monthly and seasonal fees are based on $5.00 per Saturday.)
· If you need to park in one space and set up in a second space, there will be an additional flat fee of $7.00.
Lastly, there will be a clean-up day at the River City Mall parking lot on Wednesday, May 17th at 10:30 AM. I encourage any of you that are available to join us for the clean-up to help get our spaces ready and help make this year’s Farmer’s Market better than ever. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Knoche or the Keokuk Area Chamber of Commerce at 319-524-5055 or email@example.com. We have included a poster for the Farmer’s Market, please place in a visible location in your community. I look forward to a great season.
Julie Knoche, Market Manager 217-242-4061